What to do with egg whites?

Remember the crème brûlée from Saturday night?  Well that left me with 16 egg whites, so what do you do with them?

Inspired by my cousin Caitlin, I whipped up a quick quiche.

What to do with egg whites?
Quiche
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins

For this recipe you need (I used):
  • 16 egg whites
  • 4 tablespoons milk (I didn't measure)
  • 3 slices hams (chopped)
  • 1/2 onion sliced
  • 2 small potatoes sliced thinly
  • butter to grease pie plate
  • 1 fork full sun-dried tomatoes in oil (remove excess oil)
  • 4 shakes hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon parsley
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 °F
  2. Grease pie plate with butter and line with potatoes
  3. Beat or whisk the egg whites and milk
  4. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into pie plate (it may overflow a bit)
  5. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup
  6. Bake for 30-40 mins
Note: It will really puff up and will fall shortly after removing it from the oven.  I was too slow on the photo (wasn't going to take a picture --- but I bought myself a new tripod for my Birthday, so at the last minute I thought I would try it out).

Makes 4 servings.

No comments: